JOB TYPE: Full time
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: 06/03/19
As a member of a nursery team the Early Learning and Childcare Trainee will be actively involved in the delivery of an effective Early Years Service that meets the needs of children and their families in line with policy and procedures. The trainee will work to achieve a SVQ level 3 Social Services (Children and Young People) The trainee will be involved in planning and implementing an appropriately balanced high quality child centered Early Years Service whilst providing a caring, safe and welcoming environment for children which will allow each
child to develop at their own rate. Planning will be guided by current national guidance for example, Curriculum for Excellence and other relevant material.
What will I learn? You will learn how to:
• Support and assist in observing, recording and assessments of groups
and individual children.
• Work towards achieving a SVQ level 3 through a mixture of on the
job training and attendance at the Early Years Academy.
• Promote all children's emotional, personal and social development
through good health, safety and caring practices.
• Assist in providing appropriate learning experiences for children with
additional support needs relevant to the child's Individual Educational
• Respond effectively to children in a stimulating learning environment
using a variety of strategies and techniques.
• Lift and manoeuvre equipment or children which should be
undertaken within Health and Safety procedures and Council
• Adhere to Service Circulars and guidance issued by the Council and
held within Early Years' Service, e.g. administering medicines.
• Be a positive role model.